Barrel is a creative and digital marketing agency that works with exciting lifestyle brands such as KIND Snacks, Peloton, Wanderlust, and Sakara Life. We design and develop user experience solutions and help clients navigate marketing challenges. Founded in 2006, we are based in New York City.
We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic junior copywriter to help bring our clients’ messaging to life across various channels such as their e-commerce website, Facebook Ads, email campaigns, and more.
You’ll be working closely with our Growth Marketing and Design teams to develop concepts, craft effective headlines, and write messaging and scripts that resonate with audiences. You’ll be supporting and mentored by our copywriter, assisting on a number of accounts.
Here are some tasks and assignments you can expect as a copywriter on our team:
- Generating subject line copy options for email campaigns
- Brainstorming and storyboarding video creative to use on Facebook/Instagram ads
- Writing Facebook Ad headlines and descriptions
- Crafting several ad copy options to run for an AdWords campaign
- Helping manage a content calendar and coming up with ideas for new campaigns
As a team, we value continuous growth and learning, a team-first mentality, focus & discipline, and a positive attitude. No matter your level of skill, we look first and foremost for cultural fit.
- At least 1-2 years of professional experience at a brand or at an agency.
- Savvy with social media and skilled at writing witty, smart copy.
- Enthusiastic and organized researcher who loves to learn about new audiences and asks questions that surface helpful insights that will help our creative efforts.
- Impeccable grammar and spelling skills with a passion for editing and re-editing.
To apply, please fill out our online application form here. We will not accept applications that do not come through our online application form.